21.9.10

Anecdote #2

The man delivering my Thai food couldn't find my house. He called me, and we talked about where he was, and where I was, and we each worked to get him to me. Finally, I went out on my front porch to find him. (Night had fallen very suddenly, and it was very dark.) I stood in the small circle of my porch light and looked into the dark and waved my hand. And he saw me, and walked up the drive to meet me, to give me my food. We both spoke excitedly, first on the phone and then face to face, when we had located each other -- interrupting each other, stumbling over the words, laughing. I felt like we were separated lovers. There was a certain real joy in his coming to find me through the dark.

I didn't give him a tip, though. I mean, how hard is it to read an address?

3 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. I AM NOT STALKING YOUR BLOG, INCIDENTALLY. IS THIS CREEPY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADDENDUM: I AM NOW STALKING YOUR BLOG, INCIDENTALLY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like every little bit of this story. Especially the Thai food.

    ReplyDelete