5.11.10

Insecurities, One

I am insecure, because you never tell me that you like me. But I have found out, from a friend who tells me things about other friends (because that friend is insecure and hopes to solidify our friendship by telling me the secrets of other friendships, so that we may have a secret), that you do not tell me you like me, even though you do like me, and have wanted to tell me, because you are insecure. You are insecure about our friendship, and believe that if you tell me you like me, I will think myself superior to you, and will not like you. Hearing this makes me feel more secure in a way, but more insecure in another. It makes me insecure thinking of telling you that I know that you like me, though my telling you may make you more secure, because then you may tell the friend who told me about you that I told you that that friend has told me about you. Then that friend would know that I have told that friend's secret, which is that that friend tells that friend's friends that friend's friends' secrets (but only when that friend's friends are also that friend's friend's friends), the way that friend has told me yours, which is that you like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment